Sun, cycling, beer, sandwich, Fenland = heaven

At last some sunshine coincides with a day off. Hallelujah! Out came the Guv'nor for spin out to QuyBottishamSwaffham BulbeckBurwell, finally stopping at Wicken Fen and its wonderful café where I had  a home-made sandwich and a bottle of refreshing beer (City of Cambridge Brewery's excellent Boathouse Bitter). As usual I came back to Cambridge via the Lodes Way. Since my last spin along this route there has appeared a new "Portrait Bench" put up by Sustrans. I couldn't resist having my portrait taken on it - I presume that's why they call it a Portrait Bench? (It seems the answer is "Yes"). Anyway, a splendid ride.

Andrew with Guv'nor in Fens with Skater, Eel Catcher and Entomologist
Bench information
Burwell Church
Burwell Fen
Burwell Fen
Path along Monks Lode
Ploughed turf near Tubney Fen


Comments