At last - the freedom of the open road!

After a cold followed by a chest infection and all while with a fair bit of work to do has meant that I haven't been out on the bicycle for nearly four weeks. That's ridiculous (and not good) so when I woke up today on my day off and saw that there was going to be no rain and perhaps even some sunshine I made a sandwich, a flask of tea, unstabled the Pashley Guv'nor and set out into the fens. A wonderful autumn day it turned out to be. Here are a few photos.

Going north out of Cambridge - the Cam on the left, Stourbridge Common on the right 

Looking across Stourbridge Common

Crossing the road to Fen Ditton along the A1033

One of the entrances to the park at Bottisham Hall

The same entrance with me (looking well washed-out) and the Pashley Guv'nor

Looking south over White Fen on the Lodes Way

Looking north-west up Swaffham Bulbeck Lode

Pylons crossing White Fen

Sun on an oak tree on White Fen

Comments

Popular Posts